Netizen 24 NGA: Arrest made after mother, son found dead at home in Ajax, source says

Posted by On 5:48 PM

Arrest made after mother, son found dead at home in Ajax, source says

An arrest has been made in connection with the deaths of a 39-year-old Ajax mother and her 15-year-old son.

Police confirmed at around 7 p.m. that the 29-year-old suspect had been arrested in Oshawa. There was no immediate word on charges.

Police were first called to the home on Hilling Drive at around 11 a.m. by a colleague of the mother’s.

The woman told police she went to check on her friend’s “wellbeing” after she failed to show up to work but was turned away by a man at the home. The man left the scene in a black vehicle.

When Durham Regional Police arrived on scene, they found the bodies of two people -- a 39-year-old woman and a 15-year-old male inside.

They also located a 13-year-old girl who was then rushed to a local hospital but later transferred to a Toronto hospital trauma centre with life-threatening injuries.

Police said the three victims are related but would not elaborate further. A source told CP24 that the deceased are a mother and son and that the girl in hospital is her daughter.

CTV News Toronto has learned the victims are Krissy Pejcinovski and her son, Roy Pejcinovski and that the woman lived in the home with her three teenaged children.

“The young boy was into hockey and the two girls, they'd pass by and say hello.,” a neighbour told CTV News Toronto. “And same with the mother Krissy...she'd pass by and say hello and that was it.”

Sources said the older daughter was not at home when the incident occurred.

Police said the suspect is believed to have been romantically involved with the adult female victim.

After a brief search, police located his vehicle abandoned about 10 minutes away from the scene, in the area of Highway 401 and Brock Road.

Police have not released his name or the identities of the victim s, saying they don’t want to “jeopardize the investigation.”

A CP24 reporter observed two men arrive at the home shortly after police and paramedics arrived. Both appeared emotional and were very distraught.

Tudos said they were both taken to a police station for questioning but he would not say how they were connected to the victims.

Source: Google News

« Prev Post
Next Post »